Don’t get rid of your crib railing once your little one no longer needs it. Instead, you can use it to make a picture frame with cloth pins. These are the steps we took:
- Drill small holes on the bars on the edges as well as in the middle for better support
- Paint the railing with a brush or spray paint, depending on what you are looking for. The paint brush will give you a more antique look vs the spray paint a more modern one.
- Thread the twine through the holes but securing it e by forming a loop around the bar in the middle . This will help keep the twine in good shape and straight.
- Tighten all twines and secure. We put some hot glue on the knots on each side to further secure
- Embellish the frame with inspirational words or finished cutouts which you or your kids can decorate. You can buy them already pre-made from craft stores. I found Walmart actually has a bigger selection.
- Use miniature wooden cloth pins for hanging your pictures.
- Secure the new picture frame on the wall with at least 3 screws. Two up top and one in the middle on the bottom.
This result is quite a large picture frame with lots of room to show off your memories as well as your kids’ art or even your own! The cost is under $30 (excluding the crib railing which you already have). We bought paint, twines, smaller cloth pins, a sunflower and a few 99c cutouts from Hobby Lobby or Walmart.
Please let me know if you have any questions and i will be happy to help you through the design.